7.10.2011

i messed up...again...

yup.  i made the pineapple upside-down cake again and messed up on the recipe.  thankfully it was still super yummy, and i can still tell you how to make it :)

what you need:
yellow cake mix (do not buy butter recipe)
bertolli extra light tasting olive oil
eggs
20 oz can of sliced pineapples
brown sugar


what you might want:

glass of wine
cute apron (this one was on loan from my m-i-law...b, somehow it made the trip back home w/ me!)


spray the bottom of your pan (i used a glass baking dish) w/ cooking spray and sprinkle brown sugar all over (the more the better).  line the pan w/ pineapple slices (keep juice in can) and sprinkle more brown sugar over the pineapples.


mix the cake mix per instructions on the box, but instead of using vegetable oil use olive oil mentioned above :)  AND (this is where i messed up) instead of using water, use leftover pineapple juice in the can.  then pour over the golden yumminess...


pop it in the oven and bake per cake box instructions.  once it's finished baking, let it cool for at least 20-30 minutes.  befoooooooore....


flipping it...(my f-i-law was there to help me!)


a pineapple stuck and i'm trying to knock it off, hee-hee


oops...


no one will ever know ;)


yum!


so super scrumptious and soooo EASY!

now some people use cherries in the middle which i'm sure looks pretty, but i'm just not a cherry fan!  also, you can use two round pans for a better presentation.

thanks to my m-i-law, barbara (b), for letting me use her kitchen and buying the bertolli olive oil ;) and thanks to my photographer, marrrry, for helping me document the baking fun!  oh, and thanks to betty (not crocker, my mamacita) for introducing this pineapple goodness to me :)

2 comments:

  1. Brooke7/12/2011

    Going to try this for my in-laws while I am in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodie! let me know how it turns out...heytell me ;)

    ReplyDelete