6.25.2011

time is on my side...

it's late friday night...hubby is out, girls are down...what is a girl to do?  BLOG!  hello!  i CANNOT believe it's friday already!  wednesday was a rainy day and for this lady, that means there is not enough coffee in the world to get me going.  thursday i woke up w/ what i like to call a "rainy day hangover".  gosh i felt like dookie.  if it wasn't for me having to get my daughter to art camp by 10:00 a.m., i probably wouldn't have gotten the day started til the afternoon.  after an afternoon play-date at a water park, i got home just in time to shower and pretty-up for a new women's bible study that night.  and your probably thinking, why pretty-up?  this girl likes to dress for my girls!  these opportunities don't come often so yes, i'm blow drying my hair AND wearing it down.  and yes, i broke out the skinny jeans!  i arrived at my friend's house for the study and i just felt like, "ahhhh," and exhale.  the last two days just felt like somewhat of a blur.  i just somehow made it through, and at the moment i'm surrounded by my compadres, my team mates, my cheerleading squad.  we just happen to be reading a book by the same author of the book i mentioned a couple of days ago.  MAKE OVER: REVITALIZING THE MANY ROLES YOU FILL by jen hatmaker is a fantastic book!  this lady is honest, funny and makes you feel at home.  we started the the evening by going around introducing ourselves and telling everyone what we hoped to get out of this book.  a lot of us knew each other, knew of each other...somehow connected.  the biggest connection was the book of course and we're all just trying to figure out how to "reclaim beauty together in our roles: believer, wife, mother, professional, daughter, and friend." basically, we all feel frazzled most days and we're in this together!

gathering w/ all these ladies reminds me of the other jen hatmaker book i'm reading, OUT OF THE SPIN CYCLE.  one of the recent subjects was having those friends to join you in this crazy part of life.  i thank those friends of mine that are experiencing this young motherhood thing.  we chat it up about our daily adventures and laugh over how we all deal w/ the same day-to-day shenanigans a house of toddlers and babies bring.  it's funny though.  we're always offering each other babysitting, but we don't really take each other up on it!  no matter how many times people offer, we feel bad for asking.  we all have a lot going on and never want to add on to the madness of someone else's day.  i have a solution.  a schedule.  you wouldn't feel so bad asking me to watch your babies one afternoon if you knew next week you would be doing the same thing, right?  anyone else do this w/ your friends?  i've brought it up to a few ladies and hope we start something soon...i hope to let you now how it goes!

i'm amused by the timing of of what's going on right now.  the start of this blog, starting a new bible study and both books i'm reading all go hand-in-hand.  God has a lot in-store for me, and i hope to learn a lot from all of this and hope you do, too!

next week i plan to share a new recipe and project...this blog is about to get a little more lively ;)

2 comments:

  1. Brooke6/27/2011

    Yes, lets get this babysitting thing going!! I am in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peri Prather6/29/2011

    I would totally join in a babysitting schedule if I was closer...I've mentioned doing the same thing to some other moms here but we have the same problem with busy lives and guilty feelings. :) I really wish I lived closer...I need more Sandies in my life. You make me smile and want to be a better mom. Miss you, chica!

    ReplyDelete