6.21.2011

it all started with cake pops...

i had been planning for my baby girl's first birthday party and decided i wanted to make cake pops.  i googled "cake pops" and looked at a few recipes.  i came across one that was posted on someone's blog.  there were pictures, step-by-step instructions and a cute narration from someone calling herself "little miss momma."  i had gone back to the recipe a couple of times and decided it was the one i wanted to do.  after writing down what i needed to buy, i started wandering around her blog.  this girl sounded like someone i would like...sweet personality, honest and into a lot of the same things i am.  she talked about fashion, home decor, being a mom, crafts, and even gave a tutorial on how to get her hair-do (which is super cute).  i got to thinking this is what i would LOVE to do!  after reading more about her and why she decided to blog, i was inspired.  i can do this.  it would be fun.  my friends would enjoy it (I HOPE!).  maybe they would feel inspired, too!  i could have links to my friends' businesses.  i could feature them and let them have a moment to shine!  the ideas just kept coming (and they still are) and so one night i went for it.  my husband walked into the study and asked what i was doing..."oh, i'm starting a blog."  you can imagine his bewilderment as i hadn't mentioned it to him at all.  i told him that it was a chance to just unload all the thoughts and ideas in my head.  "you never tell me about any of that," he said.  i explained it was different talking about these things w/ fellow moms and that he prob wouldn't be interested.  he then asked why i couldn't start it later and asked me to come to bed.  i said, "*nope."  that's the problem.  so many times i want to do something whether it be upload 300+ pictures from my camera to the computer, try sewing a pillowcase dress, or update my dandies blog (which i will introduce you to another day ;)), but i don't b/c everyone and everything in this house comes first.  and that's okay.  that's not going to change, but i will make ME a priority, too.  and that is what i hope you start to do, too.  you have an idea, go w/ it!  you want to start that project...the load of laundry sitting on your couch can wait (believe me, it's not going anywhere).  i hear it all the time, "a happy wife, a happy life," and isn't it true?  do something that makes you happy and makes you feel like that girl before you were a wife and a mom...and let it help you be the best wife and mom you can be!

and thank you, ashley stock for doing what you do.  it was b/c of your blog and your words that motivated me to share my dandy life :)



Photobucket


*yeah, i said nope and my poor hubby went to bed. minutes later i followed him to snuggle until he fell asleep. bleery-eyed i returned to my computer to finish what i started!

3 comments:

  1. Christy6/21/2011

    You have so many great ideas Sandra but this one takes the cake! (or cake pop :). Seriously though, I think you are brilliant and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...thank you sweet christy! brilliant!? i've never been called that before...i kinda like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/25/2011

    YAY! This is a fabulous post, and made me smile ear to ear! I can tell you
    have so much to offer the blogging world, and I am honored to have played
    some small role in inspiring you! Keep it up girly, you are pretty awesome!

    xoxo, ashley@littlemissmomma
    p.s. sorry this is anonymous, blogger is being weird

    ReplyDelete