1.10.2012

my neck hurts...

i'm tired, and i'm just NOT in a good mood...delightful, huh?  soooo, i'm postponing tonight's post until tomorrow.  until then, have a giggle over this...

isabella - mama, i'm trying to play picnic w/ my friends pretend (sounding annoyed)
me - that sounds nice, what's the problem?
isabella - sophia keeps messing w/ everything
me - well, she just wants to play w/ you

...after trying to tell sophia to stop messing w/ the picnic over and over again, i suggested that isabella move her picnic to her room and close the door.  minutes later she comes to me w/ a blank piece of paper and a pencil...

isabella - will you write something for me?  i want you to write DON'T COME IN MY ROOM
me - *moment of silence and disbelief*  um, sure...

...i write it out for her and she then asks me to tape it on her door.  i do and she is very thankful and pleased.  i walk off and come back to find her writing on the paper...


me - wow!  what is all this?
isabella - i wrote my name so everyone knows this is my room
me - why did you write it backward?
isabella - i didn't.  that's how you spell my name (she spells it out for me).  i had to write it like that b/c it wouldn't fit on the paper
me - okay, and who are those people?
isabella - that is sophia.  she has a circle and a line through it b/c she's not allowed.  that's loralai, grace and madi.
me - and who is on the bottom?
isabella - that's you and daddy.  you and daddy have a circle and line through, too, b/c parents aren't allowed.

SHE'S FOUR YEARS OLD PEOPLE!!!

lovely, just lovely...


3 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is awesome! So are Loralai, Grace, and Madi allowed in?? Just wait until our girls hit junior high!! Watch out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty funny that niether Sophia nor I have hair. And what's up with not being allowed in her room?!?

    I'm with it. I'm hip. Taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, taka, huhahh. Well, don't look at me like I'm friggin' Frankenstein! Come here and give your father a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, mary, the three girls are allowed. in fact, she has been asking me for days to call their mommies and invite the girls over for a picnic :)

    lol, goo' hubby! btw, i liked it when you called yourself mr. dandy, but really, i'm just glad you actually read my blog :) AND comment :) i find it funny that you noticed the hair or lack their of.

    ReplyDelete