9.19.2011

HEB after dark


grocery store at night = strange and lonely single men wandering around looking for conversation.  i'm waiting in line behind one man who just had an "i'm in a bad mood and can't wait to get out of here and this cashier is taking way too long" look on his face.  i'm standing there eyeing the magazines and wondering should i grab the real simple magazine that will tell me how many ways to utilize a toilet paper roll OR the home and gardens magazine that i'm sure is filled w/ comfort food recipes for fall.  i decided on the latter and reach for it while noticing the guy behind me is watching me.  and mind you, i decide to pick up a magazine from the middle of the stack b/c i want an untouched one (anyone else do that or am i strange?)  anyway, i'm thinking to myself this guy probably thinks i'm totally cuckoo for coco puffs b/c he saw me do this.  and sure enough the guy starts talking to me...

strange man - you reeeeally want to know what it's in the better homes and gardens (walking closer to me)

me- uh yeah (giggling b/c i'm wondering why is he saying this to me?) actually i do

strange man - you have my permission to buy it

me - **look at him like he's smoking crack w/ a side of bewilderment** (noticing there isn't but a foot b/w me and the man in front of me and the chatty mr. cathy behind me)

strange man - not that you need my permission

me - yeah, thanks, i appreciate it

**crickets**


september's issue and my next recipe...mmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment