8.31.2011

have you ever...

piled the children in the car, drove to the local fast food joint and ate dinner in the parking lot?  me either...until tonight!  honestly, my day wasn't that bad, but it only takes those last couple of hours of the afternoon, before daddy arrives and the kids are making me go bananas!  unfortunately for me, it was my hubby's night to exercise so there wasn't any relief coming through the door.  so instead, i took the girls to whataburger...

 

they were contained, watching cartoons, eating and happy...and mama was, too :)

let's say it wasn't one of those days and cooking was on the agenda.  i have a very yummy recipe that is quick, easy and the whole fam will devour!

bruschetta chicken bake


you will need:
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg (6 oz) stove top stuffing mix for chicken
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced (i used 3)
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 cup kraft shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese (i bought store brand)

preheat oven to 400 degrees


empty entire can of diced tomatoes (w/ juice) in a medium bowl, add stuffing, water and garlic.  stir just until stuffing is moistened.  set aside.


place chicken in 13x9-in baking dish and sprinkle the chicken w/ basil and cheese (i added salt and pepper...no, i didn't start playing "push it", the seasoning not the 80s duo!)


top w/ stuffing mixture


bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through


enjoy!

fyi...

i found this recipe in some random kraft foods magazine...

i could've sworn the chicken needed to be cooked before placing in the oven and almost cooked the chicken in a skillet before my hubby caught me...


i started to sprinkle the cheese and basil on the baking dish before putting the chicken in before my hubby caught me...

the hubster thought i needed more chicken and added some more (frozen mind you)...


my hubby just-so happened to offer his help w/ dinner that night...thank goodness :)

i would love to try this recipe w/ adding mushrooms and artichoke!  it wouldn't exactly be a "bruschetta bake," but i bet it would be dee-lish!

3 comments:

  1. Mary Weatherall9/01/2011

    This sounds yummy! I will have to try this sometime soon!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/01/2011

    I am going to try this! It looks simple enough that I won't mess it up (although you never know with me). -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me know how it turns out ladies!

    ReplyDelete